Some of our sustainable environmental practices
Without compromising our guests' enjoyment or comfort we give regard to environmental and social as well as financial considerations. We recognise our business impacts on the wider natural and social environment in which we live and upon which we ultimately all depend.
- The Minaret Lodge chalets were purpose designed and built on energy conservation principles
- We use where practical energy efficient light bulbs
- We have temperature controlled heating for the rooms , with natural wool insulation in the walls
- We use gas for hot water heating
- We encourage guests to reuse towels to save on laundry and to request less frequent change of linen when staying more than 2 nights
- With all our plantings we are better than carbon neutral overall
- Our household cleaners are highly biodegradable and are made from sustainable resources.
- Our garden is cared for semi-organically.
- We serve organic fair trade coffee
- Our fruit on the property is spray free and as much of our fresh produce is organic purchased through local suppliers
- We compost our vegetable waste, recycle all paper,glass, cardboard , tins,plastics through Wanaka Wastebusters and have reduced our solid wastes to a minimum.
- We harvest wood from our own trees on the property and use this on our open fires in the Lodge to reduce the cost of energy
- All leaves, lawn clippings are collected and recycled into garden mulch and used for our gardens
- We annually add new plantings of trees &shrubs to replace or add to existing plantings
- We employ local goods & services and participate in local nature conservation.
We can assist with eco-tours and talks on the region's ecology and bio-geography if required.
Share our commitment to conservation and the preservation of the beautiful natural environment in which we live.
Reduce--- Reuse --- Recycle